Class B or C Shuttle Bus Driver
Shuttle Bus Drivers are responsible for the operation and of the assigned shuttle bus on a designated transportation route between LAX Terminals and hotels. The Driver is further responsible for the safe transportation, loading, and unloading of passengers and luggage.
- Must have a Class B Driver License with Passenger Endorsement or Class C Commercial with Passenger Endorsement
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol exam
- Driver’s Medical Card
- Provide a copy of MVR (must not be older than 30 days)
- Must be able to pass a 10-year background
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends and Holidays
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Perform daily/routine cleaning and shuttle maintenance activities; maintain neat and orderly appearance to include assigned uniforms.
- Comply with Federal DOT requirements, State and city driving regulations.
- Great customer service
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Ability to work in the elements.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive continuously in the designated shuttle for a minimum of 1-2 hours.
- Ability to express or exchange information, instructions, ideas
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Pay rate: $17.00/Hour + tips
- Full Time & Part Time Available (40 hr, 30hrs, 20hrs, 16hrs/week)
- Vacation/Sick Days
SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION DISPATCHER
Wesco Specialist, Inc. is seeking a duty dispatcher who will be responsible for providing dispatch support by ensuring drivers are effectively on time between Hotel and LAX Terminals. Coordinates resources according to job demands by communicating assignments to employees. Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, managers, etc. This position will support managers and staff through a variety of tasks related to our transportation service.
- Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers, bus assistants, and assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes
- Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers and bus assistants are assigned and accomplished on-time.
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution including informing drivers of inclement weather, possible hazards, or
- Assist drivers with routing directions and directs them to perform special services when required.
- Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route.
- Notifies personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Maintains route documentation and records for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers.
- Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate. Informing of any issues out of the ordinary that may need additional assistance.
- Maintains periodic contact with personnel to ensure completion of assigned duties
- Confers with management and/or clients to address questions and/or problems.
- Additional assignments as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in administrative management or equivalent.
- Commercial License Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to problem solve/think strategically
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and enter data.
- Attention to detail.